Legal – Headquarter, Stockholm
This position is no longer active
Either the position was filled, or the ad has expired. Please have a look at some of our current job openings:
Epidemic Sound is a Swedish music company founded in Stockholm in 2009. We produce and deliver great music to large TV networks, production companies, movies, YouTube superstars, stores, airlines, gym chains and everything in between to customers all around the world. Our HQ is located in Stockholm where we have almost 60 employees and growing. We also have offices also in NYC, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid. We’re transforming the music industry while having a lot of fun in the process!
We’re looking for a talented and ambitious lawyer to join our Legal Team in Stockholm, Sweden. As an in-house legal counsel at Epidemic Sound you will work with legal matters related to music and media - with main focus on copyright and contractual matters.
- Handle agreements with composers, artists and producers
- Draft and negotiate agreements with customers of Epidemic Sound
- Draft and negotiate cooperation agreements with resellers and distributors of our music
- Conduct legal research relating to various countries around the world
- Draft and hold internal presentations (for example, legal matters for newly employed)
- Draft employment agreements and assist with certain HR and company related matters
- Work closely with other departments in assisting them with legal matters
Experience and skills
You’re someone with passion for intellectual property right - in particular, copyright. You love music and would love to work as an in-house legal counsel at a music company with an entrepreneurial, start-up vibe.
- Highly skilled and professional individual with a university law degree
- Between 2-5 years experience working for a law firm and/or as in-house in counsel
- Experience with working with intellectual property rights and especially with copyright
- Fluent in Swedish and English, both written and spoken, with excellent drafting skills
- Driven, ambitious, energetic and well-organized
- Likes to work independently
- Great communication and negotiation skills
- Good personal skills and is team-player
The position is full time. Our offices in Stockholm are located at Åsögatan 121.
Please let us know and we would be happy to meet up! If you have any questions about the role, please contact our Head of Legal Caroline Ekström at +46707495124.
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com or apply via the link below before 1 December 2016.