Full Stack Web Developer with React/Redux experience
Product & Tech – HQ (Stockholm)
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated music library, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers no matter what their story is. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, productions companies and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Instagram. Our HQ is located in Stockholm with offices in NYC, LA, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid. We are growing fast, we have lots of fun and we are transforming the music industry.
We are now looking for a full-stack web developer with extensive experience of building modern web applications with React/Redux to help us take our platform to the next level.
You would join one of our product oriented, cross-functional teams dedicated to delivering the best possible experience for a specific subset of our customers. As a software engineer in the team, you will need to understand and contribute to all parts involved in delivering the product. However, with your expertise you would particularly focus on the front-end architecture and design of APIs consumed by the front-end. You would also be expected to mentor team members and contribute to cross-team initiatives in this area.
You can expect to:
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: Design, implementation, testing, releasing and maintenance.
- Work in a lightweight agile process where we regularly evaluate how we work and try to improve.
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming etc
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- Have fun and take a lot of pride in what you and all of Epidemic Sound is doing.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm reporting to the VP of Engineering.
What are we looking for?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that:
- You have at least 3 years experience of building modern web applications with React.js and Redux, including working with API design and data sources
- You have a sense for good UX and have experience of working with designers to create great looking, easy to use UIs
- You love teamwork
- You are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind
- You are principled but also pragmatic: You value best-practices but realize that all rules have exceptions
- You speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
It would also be music to our ears if:
- You have experience of audio streaming and music library management
- You have experience of A/B testing and/or multi-armed bandit testing
- You have experience from e-commerce, online subscription and/or payment solutions
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below!