At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 32,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, Amsterdam, and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
On a mission to soundtrack the world, we are constantly increasing and improving our portfolio of global products where the common denominator is our music. Growing our organization we are now looking for a seasoned Product Design Director to lead product design across the domain’s multiple teams, driving the vision and strategic direction jointly with tech- and product director counterparts. Reporting to Head of Product Design, the position is located at our HQ in Stockholm.
How you will make an impact
As a Product Design Director, you will drive impact in collaboration with a range of different stakeholders across product teams, the design team, tech, product, and other departments. Ultimately responsible for the qualitative experiential output of the domain’s teams, you drive results, quality, and vision together with tech- and product director counterparts. As a key part of design leadership at the company, you are expected to drive alignment and change, unlocking senior staff and teams to produce world-class product experiences globally.
More specifically, you will:
- Lead the product domain jointly with product/tech director counterparts
- Take part in the Design Leadership team
- Manage Product Designers across multiple teams in your domain
- Nurture, hire and grow the teams
- Develop the process, quality, and height of executed innovation in collaboration with leadership counterparts
- Be accountable for the quality of the Design within the domain
- Oversee and support individual career development
- Coach and support day-to-day design quality and teamwork
- Sync and align across product areas
Who You Are
- A seasoned design leader with a track record of mentoring designers and building teams.
- A clear and confident communicator who is comfortable representing product design vision, process, and innovation publically.
- A seasoned product designer with several years of experience from larger or more complex product organizations used to agile / hypothesis-driven experience design work and a great taste and passion for details.
- An inspiring, strategic collaborator with a track record or passion to grow leadership in others.
We believe you have:
- 8+ years of experience as a senior-level designer with reports, or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience with and the ability to work with various stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and determine a plan that will ensure they are met or exceeded
- Extensive supervisory experience (including leadership, team-building, and delegation) leading and managing a creative team
- Experience in managing end-to-end product delivery
- Experience working in Scrum/Sprint
- Experience in developing design systems
- Understanding of front-end programming, animation, or prototyping
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.