Our users, storytellers and content creators come to us to get a job done. They may have a piece of video that needs to pop, a livestream that needs flow, or a podcast that's hankering for a hook.
We have just recently launched a new mobile platform team in the Core Music Experience product area. The team is responsible for leading our efforts in creating the Epidemic Sound App on iOS and Android.
The team’s mission is to empower our users to discover and organize our music on the go, be it through casually browsing, searching with great precision, or personalized recommendations.
We are looking for a senior software engineer with a foundational understanding and experience of complex systems and backend technologies to join the team.
Are you interested in joining a small, cross-functional team owning a key bet for the company which is meeting our users' needs on the go via native apps? If yes, apply now!
A software engineer at Epidemic builds products effectively, helps shape the product through active contribution in product conversations, and provides a strong technical voice in the product development process to achieve sound product/technical tradeoffs.
You'll work up and down the stack across a wide number of technologies, and will balance a number of different concerns. How should we balance the scalability of this feature with getting it in the hands of our users earlier?
The team will initially be dedicated to all aspects of building and launching the new Epidemic mobile apps on iOS and Android.
Once proven and validated, native apps will be an additional platform at Epidemic Sound. Part of the team’s mandate is to find a model where other teams can contribute to the native apps, supported by infrastrastructure, tooling and processes.
As a software engineer in the team, you will need to understand and contribute to all parts involved in delivering the product. However, with your backend expertise you would particularly focus on the APIs, infrastructure, deployment pipelines and how the apps integrate with the rest of the Epidemic Sound technical ecosystem.
You can also expect to:
- Mentor team members and contribute to cross-team initiatives in this area.
- Contribute to, and sometimes lead, cross-team initiatives to evolve shared components, platform architecture and improving engineering standards, tooling and processes
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: design, implementation, testing, releasing, and maintenance
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming, etc
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences, or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues
- Have fun and take a lot of pride in what you and all of Epidemic Sound is doing
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm.
What Are We Looking For
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that:
- You love teamwork
- You are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind
- You are principled but also pragmatic: You value best-practices but realize that all rules have exceptions.
- You have a full-stack mindset; you’re curious about understanding all parts of the stack that make up the product, and you’re open to contributing to areas outside of your expertise when it makes sense
- Have a great understanding of modern web/mobile architectures, system design, data structures, and software engineering principles, and understand how to apply them to design scalable and robust solutions
- A solid grasp on software engineering practices (e.g. thorough code reviews, unit tests, deep focus on quality, design documentation)
- You speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
- You are motivated by missions and goals rather than tasks
It would also be music to our ears if you have:
- Experience with one or more of the following: Kotlin, Python/Django, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, infrastructure, security fundamentals, CI/CD systems
- Worked in product teams building mobile apps
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent celebration!
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 32,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.