At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 32,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, Amsterdam, and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Catalog Manager / Royalty Coordinator to join our Music department in Stockholm.
How you will make an impact
You will be part of the Music team functioning as the administrative link between Epidemic Sound, music creators, and internal stakeholders. This role is a 50/50 split between catalog management and royalty administration. Your responsibilities will be divided between two teams but with natural overlaps.
Your tasks as Royalty Coordinator (50%) will include:
- Overseeing all aspects of the processing of artist royalties
- Owning the journey from the collection of these reports, to storing, processing and payout, as well as being the bridge between Music, Product, and Finance
- Process, review, and solve discrepancies in royalty statements, ensuring that our music creators are accurately compensated.
- Making sure payments are timely and in accordance with agreements.
- Assisting with distribution mailings, processing payments, voids and reissues, and legal department correspondence
- Being the main point of contact from Music to define needs and drive improvements of our royalty process and development of tools with various stakeholders for the royalty system.
- Being the main point of contact with our artists and music creators for questions regarding royalties being able to articulate and explain the content of each royalty statement
Your tasks as Catalog Manager (50%) will include:
- File management; retrieval of song information, reviewing of metadata, tagging of tracks in the catalog, as well as various administrative matters relating to the catalog
- Managing support inquiries regarding the existing music in the catalog, in collaboration with other departments.
Who you are
We believe you have a musical background (theoretically and practically) as well as a broad knowledge of different musical genres. You are highly organized and structured, with great attention to detail and a passion for administrative work. Structuring and prioritizing your work on a daily basis comes naturally to you. You are used to working in various technical systems; as a matter of fact, others would use the word “tech-savvy” when describing you. When issues occur you are always eager to address them in a well thought out and progressive manner.
We believe you have:
- Extensive experience of working with musical royalty systems
- A comprehensive and deep understanding of metadata components and music roles related to exploiting master and publishing rights
- Experience from administrative work and various technical systems
- Fluency in English, verbal and written. Other languages are considered an advantage.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.