In Music Discovery, we build and maintain central features empowering our users, the storytellers, to discover our vast catalogue in the best way possible, be it through casually browsing, searching with great precision, or personalized recommendations, and also to organize their music using playlists and projects. We strive to improve every interaction between our users and our music on epidemicsound.com
In every product team across Epidemic Sound, our software engineers take a holistic perspective of the product. They are integral in some of the most significant decisions for the company. This means they need to have a strong sense for both business and product.
We are now looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for product development and a hunger for learning and sharing knowledge, to join the team.
How you will make an impact
As a Senior Software Engineer in Team Music Discovery, you'll build and improve everything from UI to the music and search backend that allows us to deliver our music to the world.
You can expect to:
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: hypothesis, design, implementation, testing, releasing, and maintenance
- Drive architectural improvements and discussions
- Mentor less experienced colleagues
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming, etc
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences, or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues
- Have fun and take a lot of pride in what you and all of Epidemic Sound is doing
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm
Who you are
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- Have a deep understanding of modern web development, both frontend and backend, and a strive to always improve
- Love teamwork and enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise, as well as nurturing those around you and seeing them improve alongside you
- Are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always are on the path with this end-goal in mind
- Are not afraid of working closely with business and product stakeholders, and strive to improve understanding of business and user requirements
- Speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
It would also be music to our ears if you have:
- Have experience working with experimentation and A/B testing
- Have experience with one or more of the following: React/Redux, Python/Django, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience from recommender- and personalization systems
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent celebration!
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 32,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.