In Music Discovery, we build and maintain features empowering our users to discover new music on our platform in the best way possible, be it through casually browsing, searching with great precision, or personalized recommendations. We strive to improve every interaction between our users and our music on epidemicsound.com.
As music is at the center of Epidemic Sound, the Music Discovery team is at the center of driving the success of our storytellers using our music and making sure that our vast catalog of music is being used to its full extent.
In every product team across Epidemic Sound, our software engineers take a holistic perspective of the product. They are integral in some of the most significant decisions for the company. This means they need to have a strong sense for both business and product.
A software engineer at Epidemic Sound builds products effectively, helps shape the product through active contribution in product conversations, and provides a strong technical voice in the product development process to achieve sound product/technical tradeoffs.
We are now looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for product development and a hunger for learning and sharing knowledge, to join the team.
How you will make an impact
As a Senior Software Engineer in Team Music Discovery, you'll build and improve everything from UI to the music and search backend that allows us to deliver our music to the world.
You will join a fairly large, and experienced team that together works autonomously in finding the right solutions and system designs.
The team consists of several Fullstack Software Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, as well as a Product Designer, a Data Scientist, an Engineering Manager and a Product Manager. We all collaborate closely to bring ideas to life.
You can expect to:
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: hypothesis, design, implementation, testing, releasing, and maintenance
- Drive architectural improvements and discussions
- Mentor less experienced colleagues
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming, etc
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences, or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues
- Have fun and take a lot of pride in what you and all of Epidemic Sound is doing
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm
Who you are
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- Have a deep understanding of modern web development, both frontend and backend, and a strive to always improve
- Love teamwork and enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise, as well as nurturing those around you and seeing them improve alongside you
- Are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always are on the path with this end-goal in mind
- Are not afraid of working closely with business and product stakeholders, and strive to improve understanding of business and user requirements
- Speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
It would also be music to our ears if you have:
- Have experience working with experimentation and A/B testing
- Have experience with one or more of the following: React/Redux, Python/Django, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform
- Experience from recommender- and personalization systems
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent celebration!
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 32,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.