At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog with over 32,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and we are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Software Engineer who will drive the technical implementation of our financial systems and play a key role in amplifying Epidemic Sound’s business.
How you will make an impact
Together with our ERP-team, you will collaborate to find the best technical solutions and make sure we have a scalable approach to our financial systems. You will play a key role in delivering new awesome services and challenging existing ways of working. Among other things, your day will be filled with:
- Writing high performance, reusable and reliable code
- Building features and services for the rest of the company to interact with
- Translating functional requirements into technical implementations
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues
You can expect to
- Build, automate and maintain our financial systems using best practices, with reliability and scalability in mind
- Implement high-quality engineering practices to facilitate rapid development, safe changes and engineer efficiency
- Build a platform that handles all of Epidemic Sounds financial data
- Integrate towards payment service providers and 3rd party systems
- Enable data driven decisions by building integrations between our platforms
- Use industry standard, cloud native tech, which means easily transferable skills and a focus on your professional development
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, ERP-specialists and our financial department to identify and tackle complicated problems, creating an awesome engineering experience within Epidemic Sound
Who you are
You are a passionate and creative problem solver that wants to build services that can challenge the business and like to transfer business needs into technical solutions. You are eager and open to learn with the ability to connect your role and impact on the larger picture of Epidemic Sound's vision.
It would also be music to our ears if you:
- Have experience from building subscription- or financial services
- Have knowledge about payments, recurring revenue and/or financial reporting
- Know what it takes to work with large amounts of financial data and enjoy transforming insights into concrete solutions
- Have at least 5 years of experience from software development and/or data engineering with focus on integrations, databases, Google Cloud Platform and backend development in Python, Java or similar.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.