At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 32,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
Understanding the reality of the many people across the globe who use our products is key to designing experiences for them. As part of our 2021 investments in UX research, we are looking for Senior UX Researchers to join our Product Design organization.
How you will make an impact
As a Senior UX Researcher, your focus is to drive a deeper understanding of the reality of the people using our products across the world from a qualitative perspective. Collaborating with product, design, and analytics you will lead the work to uncover insights and opportunities related to the needs, behaviors, perspectives across our different user cohorts.
Focused primarily on qualitative research, the work will involve a mix of tactic and strategic methodologies across the arc of UX research from planning & conducting to synthesis and insights as part of our specialist group in Product Design.
More specifically, you will:
- Identify short-, medium and long-term UX research needs in collaboration with your team / other teams and stakeholders
- Plan and conduct key strategic and tactical UX research projects in collaboration with designers, PM’s and product teams across different domains
- Drive and support other initiatives to help the larger org gain a better understanding of our user's reality
- Deploy and facilitate research programs of recurring interactions with our users on a regular basis in collaboration with Service Design, Research, and others
- Support the development of centralized resources related to UX Research
- Continuous week-to-week participation as part of the product design team
We believe you are/have:
- A Senior UX Researcher role with a users-first mindset
- Deep knowledge of a range of Qualitative Research methodologies and Quantitative would be helpful
- At least 5 years of experience from working in a complex, fast-moving product organization
- Proven track record of having an impact on products with research activities
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills, experience working in cross-functional teams and collaborating with various stakeholders
- Very comfortable with planning, conducting, synthesizing, and sharing insights
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- Experience mentoring more junior team members, as well as stakeholders
- Experience scaling research programs would be highly desirable
- Experience working with a global customer base, across multiple languages would also be highly desirable
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent one, a virtual celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.