At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 32,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
The growth of our business requires us to be excellent at building and maintaining relationships with our customers to inspire action and loyalty. To achieve this, we need to take our user experience to the next level, through suitable machine learning and customer analytics.
We are now looking for experienced machine learning engineers with a strong focus on processing audio and video.
On one side of the machine learning team, we are embedded in product teams accelerating product innovation and using machine learning to build products that users love. On the other side, we are working in a centralized team harvesting the latest developments in the fields of music information retrieval, signal processing and machine learning to build novel applications to let users soundtrack the world. You will belong to the central team and report to the head of machine learning.
Work together with other specialists on both conception as well as improvements of existing applications.
- Collaborative exploration with colleagues
- Rapid prototyping of algorithmic solutions to solve key problems within audio and video processing
- Building prototypes, conducting experiments and operationalizing solutions at scale
- Building and deploying pipelines, models, tools and products
What are we looking for?
We are looking for two ambitious team members who excel at audio and video signal processing. You are expected to have research experience either from academia or from a corporate setting. Furthermore, it would be music to our ears if you have:
- A graduate degree in computer science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, engineering physics or a similar technical field with affinity to audio and video
- About 2+ years hands-on experience of applying production-grade machine learning
- Sound theoretical understanding of machine learning, including neural networks, decision trees and gradient boosting
- Great analytical skills and a scientific approach to research as well as an interest in the actual end-results
- Experience with: TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, scikit-learn, SciPy, NumPy, Pandas or similar
- Fluency in Python programming together with ability to write structured code
- Experience with Google Cloud, Docker and ideally also a machine learning operations framework like TFX