At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Music Editor to join our Artist Services team.
Within Artist Services, we fuel our music partners and their exposure to storytellers with a wide range of professional services, ranging from product management to curatorial placements. Every week, we release hundreds of new songs across all genres. We’re seeking someone to help curate, program, and manage all releases and artist services for our riveting and thriving European roster. An above average and sophisticated knowledge of non-Western, World, and Global music genres would be a giant plus.
As a Music Editor, you represent a hybrid between a music curator and a project manager. You will be responsible for an ever-expanding set of genres and will make sure that all music within said genres gets processed, packaged, and released to all our content partners while reaching maximum exposure for our music creators through Epidemic Sound’s unrivalled legion of storytellers and ambassadors.
As a Music Editor, you will:
- Curate tracks into bundled single/EP/LP releases (coordinate track order, product type, title, cover art, etc) and make sure that products reach all streaming services together with our in-house release coordinator;
- Identify and curate playlists and pitches for a wide range of moods, themes, moments, and genres;
- Inform our music A&R and ordering teams of specific needs in order for our artists to succeed and thrive through our storyteller ecosystem;
- Power our weekly music pitching set ups to various services in order to achieve maximum impact for our releases, i.e. generate footprint and exposure for our artist vis-a-vis our storyteller customer base;
- Harbour, nurture, and support our music creators base through a host of artist services incl. but not limited to strategic music roll out, product pitching, copywriting, multimedia creation and more;
- Perform a host of housekeeping-related tasks to ensure all of the above, such as QA/QC for new incoming songs, aligning releases with our joint release schedules, supporting our artists in verifying their profiles on streaming services, etc.
This is a full-time position based in our Stockholm office (remote eligibility can be considered), and you will be reporting to our Head of Editorial.
What are we looking for?
We are currently looking for someone with a skillfully creative mind and very strong knowledge in a multitude of music genres (particularly non-Western, World, and Global music) who’s also well-versed in today’s online popular culture, marketing drivers, sync placements, social media lingo, and next-generation music promotions.
You have a proven track record of at least 2-3 years working within the music and creative industries as a music editor, supervisor, sync specialist, writer, journalist, curator, online video creator or in a related domain. Previous experience in music supervision, streaming platforms, record labels, publishers, music tech, production companies etc. would be a key edge.
As a person you are creative, friendly, disciplined, self-motivated and results-oriented. You pay excellent attention to detail and have strong organizational skills, coupled with the ability to initiate and drive improvements. You are great at prioritizing work effectively under pressure, as well as maintaining professional decorum. Fluent spoken English language and impeccable writing skills are a must.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.