At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
The Marketing Team at Epidemic Sound is now looking for a passionate Content Writer to help us drive global organic growth through blog articles and other types of written content. We’re looking for a passionate storyteller with a partiality for the written word. Simultaneously, we believe that you’re humble, great at receiving feedback, and aren’t afraid to “kill your darlings” in favor of SEO optimization, strategy, and input from other stakeholders. You’re a doer, a team player, and write quickly and effectively from briefs, bullet points, and keyword research. Planning the route by setting strategies is less important for you while producing excellent content is what drives you. While writing is your calling, you’re also keen on contributing to the bigger picture through the content you produce.
How you will make an impact
In this hands-on role, you will be reporting to and assisting the Digital Content Manager in producing and developing informative, educational, and inspiring content on various topics within the music and creative industries. As a key contributor to the SEO and content team, you’ll produce and develop compelling content that helps grow our brand and business. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and love finding the right words to connect with potential and existing customers.
What you will work with
- Act on the content strategy and help drive SEO growth through content marketing
- Write, edit, and publish content for the Epidemic Sound blog
- Review, edit and improve content written by others
- Become an expert at Epidemic Sound’s messaging and positioning to apply our tone of voice in marketing content
- Partner closely with teams across Epidemic Sound to create content that aligns with our shared goals
- Use SEO strategies in writing to maximize Epidemic Sound’s visibility in search results
- Regularly analyze content performance
- Periodically update content to ensure it’s accurate and continues to align with our content marketing strategy
- Stay up-to-date with competitor techniques, industry changes, emerging content trends, and best practices
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Marketing/ Communications/ Journalism/ English or related field
- 1-3 years experience in content writing, preferably from the tech or music industry
- Excellent writing and editing skills and ability to tailor content to established voice and tone guidelines
- Experience with keyword research tools and a solid knowledge of SEO
- Experience working with different teams and stakeholders
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills who can drive content projects from start to finish
- Team player, proactive, organized, and strong attention to detail
- Experience working with a CMS, preferably Contentful
- Experience from the music licensing landscape is a big plus
Who you are
We believe you are a dedicated team player and aren’t afraid of moving outside your domain, working cross functionally with other teams in collaborative projects. You have a user and solution-oriented mindset and a great eye for detail without losing the big picture. As a person, you flourish in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and find the perfect balance between good-enough and perfection. We believe you share our view of taking your job seriously, but not yourself.
Does this sound like you? If so, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.