At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Frontend Platform Lead with experience of how to design and build robust, scalable and maintainable applications and services to help us take our product to the next level.
How you will make an impact
As a Frontend Platform Lead you will act as a leader and one of the main contributors of the long term vision of our technology platform. While this is a technically focused role, it would also mean developing strategies, policies and efficient processes for the platform in collaboration with the rest of the organisation, focusing on frontend. You will get to promote solutions of good quality, sustainable methodologies and good habits while also identifying and addressing problems and challenges in the platform and encouraging continuous improvement.
You will get to lead a wide array of initiatives, focusing on unifying how we build and distribute web applications. You would also contribute to, and lead, cross-team initiatives aimed to evolve shared components and frontend platform architecture.
You can expect to:
- Help create a positive environment where engineers can thrive. This might include holding discussions, collecting and consolidating ideas, and help facilitating strategies to reach our shared technical vision.
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: Design, implementation, testing, releasing and maintenance.
- Work in a lightweight agile process where we regularly evaluate how we work and try to improve.
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming etc
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
- Have fun and take a lot of pride in what you and all of Epidemic Sound is doing.
What are we looking for?
We believe that you, while having expertise in anything and everything frontend, also are interested in how the backend is constructed in order to reach our users in a great way, including page speed and other important metrics and features.
We also believe that you:
- Have previously contributed to the long term vision of a platform and the strategies behind it.
- Have a great understanding of modern web architectures, system design, and software engineering principles, and understand how to apply them to design scalable and robust solutions.
- Have been mentoring and supporting less experienced colleagues and engineering teams, particularly in reducing technical debt and complexity in applications.
- Love teamwork.
- Are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind.
- Are principled but also pragmatic: You value best-practices but realize that all rules have exceptions.
- Experience working closely with business and product stakeholders, and thus a strong understanding of business and user requirements.
- Speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement).
It would also be music to our ears if you have:
- Expertise in React & Redux, Babel and Webpack
- Experience in the GCP ecosystem, Kubernetes and ElasticSearch
- Worked with audio streaming and/or music library management.
- Experience in mobile app development
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent one, a virtual celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.