At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Rights Manager to join our Music team in Stockholm, HQ.
This is a part-time position planned to last until January 2022, and we require a minimum of 20 hours of work per week during office hours.
How you will make an impact
As a Rights Manager, you are the administrative link between Epidemic and our Musicians. You will help music flow through our intake pipeline and serve as a primary point-of-contact for the musicians on Epidemic’s roster.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing, sending, and renewing agreements with prospective and existing Music Creators (Producers, Composers, Vocalists, & Artists)
- Onboarding new Music Creators to Epidemic and our systems
- Following up on delivery of Music Commissions
- Administration in our system to log musician and track information
- Conducting PRO/NRO due diligence to confirm musician non-membership in said organizations
- Serve as the primary financial point-of-contact for the roster; receiving and approving invoices for track acquisition and other services
- Have, and be able to communicate to a third party, a complete technical and legal understanding of the Epidemic Sound business model and music licenses
- Effectively articulate Epidemic Sound’s unique rights structure and the benefits thereof from a composer’s perspective to composers, prospective clients, etcetera
Who you are
To succeed in this role you have a very strong passion for administrative work. You have great attention to detail and a highly structured way of doing things. Solving complex problems comes naturally to you, and you are keen on using your time management- and prioritization skills in everything you do.
It would be music to our ears if you have/are:
- Experience working with administrative tasks
- Extensive experience using Google Suite and Microsoft Offices tools (Excel/Sheets, Drive, Word/Docs)
- Experience using administrative/productivity programs/CRM’s potentially including AirTable, Salesforce, Jira, and Confluence
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- A basic level of knowledge of music business terminology and agreements is a merit
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.