At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for multiple senior fullstack engineers to join our product teams.
Within our Growth product area we focus on opportunities to bring Epidemic Sound to more users, more partners and more markets. We do this by trying out new ideas and improving our existing solutions. Our teams focus on different aspects of growth, such as:
- Conversion rate optimisation, experimentation, SEO and signup flows.
- Additional acquisition avenues, such as referral programs
- User onboarding and activation flows
- Global expansion and market adaptations
- Bringing music to the world's most creative platforms, like Adobe, YouTube, iStock, Canva, Pinterest and Getty Images
In short - helping users around the world find the perfect soundtrack to their content!
All of us work fullstack, however some are more backend focused whereas some are focusing more on frontend. We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming.
We have a holistic perspective of the product and work autonomously. We as a team are responsible for all the stages from hypothesis, design, implementation, testing, releasing, and maintenance. We architect and build product features from the database all the way to the UI, so we pride ourselves on a strong business and product sense.
Learning is an important part of our team and company culture. We learn through hack-days, courses, conferences, tech-talks or from each other, always.
Some of the technologies we use are Python, Kotlin, React & Redux, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP ecosystem, Elastic Search. We adopted chosen scrum methodologies - sprints, daily standups, weekly plannings, retros, demos and of course fika (that’s what we call coffee break with some desserts in Swedish!). We work in English, and expect you to do the same - so Swedish is not a requirement. You can read more about us here.
To thrive and enjoy being part of our team, we believe that you:
- Have a great understanding of modern web architectures, system design, data structures, and software engineering principles, and understand how to apply them to design scalable and robust solutions
- Are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind
- Are able to and experienced in going from the idea stage to scalable production deployments
- Enjoy nurturing those around you and seeing them improve alongside you
- Experience working closely with business and product stakeholders, and thus a strong understanding of business and user requirements
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us!