At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Tax Manager. You will have a key role in building a function newly established within Epidemic Sound. You will have the opportunity to work within the full spectrum of Tax on both an operational level as well as strategic.
You will report to the Director of Treasury, Tax, Corporate Finance & Procurement. This is a full-time position based in Stockholm
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the overall Tax strategy for the Group, including policy framework, implementation of processes and internal controls and reporting thereof
- Responsible for the Group’s Tax compliance for direct and indirect tax, in applicable jurisdictions
- Evaluate and develop tax strategies to optimize effective tax rates while ensuring full compliance
- Manage the Group’s tax rulings including WHT and TP
- Research tax issues related to acquisitions, restructuring and tax audits
- Keeping up to date with Tax Law developments and changes in countries where Epidemic Sound conducting its business
- Work closely with our Global expansion team ensuring Tax items are covered in our growth journey
- Prepare and/or sign off on tax filings such as monthly VAT reporting and corporate income tax filings
- Manage Tax Audits globally in close corporation with local accounting firms and finance teams
- Prepare Tax reports to Management & the Board
- Support the organization in all Tax related items as well as liaise with Finance, Legal, Partnership Sales and Procurement on products and agreements
To be successful in this role, we believe you have:
- +5 years of experience working within a Tax function from a Corporate and/or Consulting firm or similar.
- Solid knowledge of Direct and Indirect Tax such as, corporate income tax, VAT, Sales Tax, TP, WHT, preferable from a multinational perspective
- Solid understanding of Tax, Accounting knowledge is a considered qualifying
- Bachelor/ Master's degree, preferably in Tax or Accounting
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience from Global Online Sales Business is considered a plus
- Take ownership and accountability and lead complex projects with several stakeholders with proven results
We believe you are passionate about Tax and are eager to take part in building a new team within Epidemic Sound. You believe in open and honest communication and enjoy working in a team and cross functional. You thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative environment. You're highly self-motivated, have a stellar work ethic and not afraid to dig in when needed and always aim towards bringing positive energy and drive to the team.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.