At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
Do you want to join us on our mission? We are now looking for a Director of Accounting. You will have a key role in the Finance Team at Epidemic Sound, building scalable global accounting processes in a fast-growing company, and managing a team of 4-5 people.
You will report VP, Head of Accounting and Internal controls. This is a full-time position based in Stockholm
About the role
We are looking for a person who is an experienced finance manager and is comfortable working in a high paced and quickly changing environment, as well as having solid technical knowledge within accounting. Being result oriented and keeping a holistic view will be important, although the role also requires being in the details and getting hands-on with designing new processes and structures, journal entry reviews as well as coaching the team to success.
The profile that we are looking for has worked with accounting for at least 8 years. It is desirable that the candidate has experience from international group structure and been involved in IFRS technical accounting projects or reviews and used to work with various stakeholders to optimize end-to-end processes primarily focus on sales and cost-of-sales. You have practical experience with optimizing sales accounting processes, preferable performed contract reviews according to IFRS as well as well oriented in IFRS 9. We see that you are a candidate with strong analytical skills.
This is a key role in the continued growth of the company in a scalable and effective way, and our desire is that you want to grow with us.
Primary work tasks and areas of responsibility:
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of the Groups consolidated revenues and cost of sales according to IFRS.
- You will play a key role in monthly and quarterly close process; approve key account reconciliations and prepare monthly and quarterly reports for MoM and QoQ movements on sales and gross margin.
- Contract reviews according to IFRS 15 and work close with the Partnership team, Sales, Legal, CRM team and ERP team to ensure effective and automated processes for billing and revenue recognition.
- Liaise with the Tech department on the process of tracking and reporting R&D projects, including impairment testing on a yearly basis.
- Ensuring we keep a good internal control structure and work close with internal control team to update control descriptions and performing self-assessments.
- Key stakeholder in various financial processes.
- Ensure we are building the best support function for our external customers as well as for internal stakeholder.
- Coaching and supporting your team of 4-5 individuals in their roles both as managers and contributors to become successful in their operations.
- Work close with Treasury department to enhance and automate the credit rating process of new customers.
- Determine your team’s KPIs, analyze output and progress against the determined target KPIs.
You have experience in:
- Accounting operations and best practices not just limited to order to cash processes and R&D.
- IFRS (in particular IFRS 15, 9 and IAS 36)
- Month-end closing and reporting processes similar to a public company.
- Working with senior management
- Managing and coaching team members.
- Group Accounting and Consolidation
- Fluent in English and Swedish.
- You are excellent with spreadsheets and analyzing, explaining and presenting data.
- You have worked/have the desire to work at a startup or other fast paced environment
- A cross functional leader. Able to work with multiple teams and colleagues quickly, efficiently and accurately.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.