At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are looking for an Analytics Engineer to empower our Data Scientist and Analytics teams. In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you have one or more of the following;
- Experience in one or more of the following technologies and techniques; SQL, Python, dbt, Kimball, DataVault, Star/Snowflake Schemas, Spark, Beam/Dataflow
- A strong interest and curiosity in data and you might have also worked with large-scale data warehouses, data modeling, relational model design or have experience with all of the above
- Previous experience working with or setting up ELT-like data pipelines
You definitely have the following;
- A love for teamwork
- Follow best software engineering practices in your work
- The ability to communicate in English with professional working proficiency
- You value best practices but realize that all rules have exceptions
- A passion for sharing your knowledge and teaching others what you know
How you will make an impact;
You would join Epidemic’s Data Engineering team, with a mission to provide the platform, tools, solutions and data sets that enable the company to stay ever more data-informed. As an Analytics Engineer, you would play a key role in bridging Data Engineering and Data Analytics.
Our modern solution runs on Google Cloud Platform and part of our solution stack includes BigQuery as a data warehouse, Airflow for data pipeline orchestration, Dataflow jobs for data processing, dbt for data transformation and Looker for data visualization and self-service.
Other than joining an organization with passionate Data Scientists and Data Engineers in a Unicorn status company, this is a chance to be part of defining a flexible data platform that scales with the diverse needs of the company. Other than that, you can expect the following;
- Technological Impact; You would be a part of designing, building and maintaining the Epidemic data models as well as driving data architecture matters, such as following the data definition and data modeling principles across all parts of the business. Ensuring that everything adheres to Epidemic’s best practices.
- Collaboration; You would work with business stakeholders and design data models to quantitatively support everything from corporate strategy to user acquisition. You would also act as a stakeholder and partner with both engineering teams and analytics teams to deliver well-defined, tested and high-quality data sets. Last but not least, you would support and mentor analytics consumers on best software engineering practices.
- Sharing & Learning; This role will include finding ways to share learnings across the organization. It could be via internal talks, writing internal blog posts, or any other way you may think of. You can also expect to learn a ton of new things, be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech talks. We emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
Either way, we’re very curious to hear more about you, and you might have questions about the team or the role. Hit apply or feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have and she will get back to you as soon as she is back from the beach.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/epidemicsound
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our celebration a few years ago!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.