Legal – HQ (Stockholm)
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated music library, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers no matter what their story is. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, productions companies and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Instagram. Our HQ is located in Stockholm with offices in NYC, LA, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid. We are growing fast, we have lots of fun and we are transforming the music industry.
We are now looking for a talented and ambitious legal counsel to join our Legal Team!
As an in-house legal counsel at Epidemic Sound you will work with various legal matters related to music and media and the person we are looking for at this point will also have a special focus on contract drafting and contractual matters. The position is full time.
- Draft and negotiate agreements with customers of Epidemic Sound and thereby work closely together with the Sales department
- Draft and negotiate cooperation agreements with resellers and distributors of our music
- Assisting other departments with various legal matters
- Administrative tasks related to the above
You will be part of the Legal team based at our HQ in Stockholm and report to Head of Legal.
What are we looking for?
You’re someone with passion for copyright but also a great interest in contractual matters. You love music and would love to work as an in-house legal counsel at a music company with an entrepreneurial, start-up vibe.
In order for you to thrive and succeed in this role, we believe that you are/have;
- Highly skilled and professional with a university law degree
- Approximately 2 years’ experience of working for a law firm and/or as in-house counsel
- Experience of contract drafting and negotiations
- Experience from working with copyright is preferred
- Fluent in Swedish and English, both written and spoken, with excellent drafting skills
- Driven, ambitious, energetic and well-organized
- Can work independently but at the same time is a true team player
- Great communication and negotiation skills
- Awesome personal skills!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Send us your cover letter and CV as soon as possible - interviews are held continuously. If you have any questions, please contact Head of Legal Caroline Ekström, firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward hearing from you!