At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
As we are scaling our tech organization we are introducing engineering managers at Epidemic. We want to accommodate carrying, driven and motivated individuals who want to be part of bringing our teams to the next level. This is a role where you’ll be at the center of our internal system/tool development, helping teams to become the rockstars they deserve to be.
How you will make an impact
As an engineering manager you will be leading three small but growing teams within AMP (IT) who work hard to amplify the business by challenging the existing processes and building new tools and services. Their main focus is to enable our employees to work with the best in class technology and processes - playing a key role in delivering fantastic tools for our colleagues around the globe!
Your main responsibility is to enable the teams to be motivated, engaged and high-performing. You’ll support the individuals in the teams and ensure everyone is connected to the goals and efforts of the company, creating an environment where they can thrive. You’ll also play a key role in how we continue to build and grow our teams within the AMP domain.
As an engineering manager at Epidemic Sound, you are an integral part of the team's leadership that ultimately is responsible for the teams reaching their goals.
You can expect to:
- empower the teams to solve the problems of our users and stakeholders by understanding their needs and coming up with solutions
- develop people through coaching and mentoring. Conduct regular 1:1s, goal setting, and feedback conversations with team members to ensure their well-being and team health, and support them in their growth
- continuously work to improve inclusion and belonging in your teams and within our organization
- make sure that there is a high level of teamwork, transparency, and efficiency in collaboration with other teams in order to reach ours and their goals
- in close collaboration with the product manager and the rest of the team, drive the team’s goal-setting process and pave the way for the teams hitting their goals
- work with and contribute to the rest of the engineering management group on our policies and long-term goals
What are we looking for?
We think the ideal candidate is an experienced engineering manager who wants to keep growing within the management track and focus mainly on enabling individuals and teams to do their best job. As we’re currently scaling our organization, knowledge of how to successfully build and scale teams in a hyper-growth environment is very valuable.
In order for you to thrive in this role, we also believe that you:
- put people and team first, understanding how that is the foundation for everything we do
- thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- are excited about collaborating with teammates across the organization, from people within product and tech, music, business, marketing, sales and so on
- enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and are interested in the organizational development that comes with a high-growth environment
- are action-oriented and enjoy continuously working on improvement within your teams
- communicate with empathy and precision
- speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
It would also be music to our ears if you have previous experience from working with:
- CRM systems
- System integrations
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm reporting to our Director of IT.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent one, a virtual celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.