At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are looking for an experienced Localization Manager to join our team and help us take Epidemic Sound global by setting up our localization practices.
How you will make an impact
As a Localization Manager, you will establish and drive processes between various teams, ensuring we localize on time, top quality, and cost-effectively. Through your expertise, you will help our teams make sure they have localization top of mind when developing our product. You will cooperate closely with multiple stakeholders and teams, such as content writers, designers, developers, product managers, and others throughout the organization. You will also be the main point of contact for our translation vendors, making sure they deliver on time and with quality.
This is a new position at Epidemic Sound, hence you will play a key role in terms of shaping it together with the Director. You will set the standards for, and continuously develop how we work with localization at Epidemic Sound.
More specifically, you will:
- Engage and build relationships with international cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Plan and manage multiple localization projects
- Identify and making sure linguistic and/or cultural issues are fixed before launch
- Design and implement an efficient and scalable end-to-end localization framework
- Drive initiatives to foster innovation in strategic areas such as internationalization, data, localization testing, quality, tools, training, and process optimization
- Analyze pain points in workflows and tools, provide recommendations and implement scalable solutions
- Make sure that content is translatable and relevant for all markets for the launch that you are localizing
- Own translation intake, timelines, updating requesters on the status of each deliverable, coordinating quality assurance pre- or post-launch
Who you are
You are diligent and highly organized, paying close attention to detail. You have a track record of leading the localization efforts, maintaining ownership, and quality. You are passionate about collaborating and building relationships, and above all, you’re greatly motivated by taking our localization efforts to the next level.
We believe you have are/have:
- Solid experience in a highly relevant position
- Experience with setting up localization processes
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects and teams simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Project management skills and a proven track record of being able to analyze projects and catch potential issues in advance
- Demonstrated knowledge of internationalization and localization standards, and localization testing best practices
- Experience in explaining linguistic challenges, cultural questions, and concepts to stakeholders
- Fluent in English, verbal and written. Bilingual is desirable
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent one, a virtual celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.