Music – New York City
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, productions companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for passionate, creative and organized individuals to join the US Music team!
Epidemic Sound offers musicians the opportunity to partner with us to work, develop, and earn money from their music, while working to soundtrack storytellers, streaming playlists, broadcasters, multinational retailers and boutique store owners. We need your help finding, nurturing, and maximizing these musicians.
As a member of the US Music Team, you will:
- Be responsible for scouting and signing new music creators across a wide variety of genres and styles
- Administrate and review music submissions for consideration
- Network within the music creation, business, and educational communities to spread awareness of Epidemic Sound
- Serve as main point of contact for 5-15 music creators based on genre, location, and workflow
- Provide comprehensive feedback on their music to develop them into better producers, songwriters, instrumentalists, and vocalists
- Have, and be able to communicate to a third party, a complete technical and legal understanding of the Epidemic Sound business model and music licenses
What are we looking for?
The perfect candidate is equally passionate in music creation and music discovery.
Skills and experiences needed:
- Must be based in New York City
- Have a minimum of three years experience in the music industry including production, composition, engineering, or A&R
- Understand, and have proficiency with, music licensing practices and copyright law
- Be proficient in Google G-Suite, music production software and concepts
- Be highly self-motivated, well organized, and attentive with a great work ethic
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills
Do you want to join our team? We want to know all about you, what you have been up to before wanting to work with Epidemic Sound, and of course, make sure we understand why you are the perfect fit for us. Let us get to know you! Feel free to include any creative material you consider relevant and helpful.
Send us your application as soon as possible – interviews are held continuously! We look forward hearing from you!