Having a positive impact on the world is an integral part of who we are at Epidemic Sound. Diversity and Inclusion is crucial not only because of the employee impact and business value but because it embodies our values.
We have one overarching ambition, which is to create an equitable ecosystem for everyone. To get there we need to raise awareness on limiting and exclusionary structures and find ways to remove barriers.
At Epidemic Sound, we celebrate the power of differences.
Right now we’re looking for a Director, Diversity and Inclusion who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can drive our D&I strategies to successfully deliver results and create an environment where everyone can thrive. This role will report to our VP of Culture.
What you’ll be working on:
- Own and execute on D&I Strategy including D&I Action planning and Learning Journey
- Lead and build the team
- Alignment with D&I stakeholder groups (D&I Working Group, D&I Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, Executive Management Team)
D&I Working Group: This group includes representatives from each department of Epidemic Sound. Members bring the strategic D&I oversight from their departments to ensure alignment with the rest of the business.
D&I Advisory Board: This group represents and amplifies the voices of Epidemic Sound employees. Through open, frank and collaborative conversations, the Board shares insights and raises awareness to the Culture Team. Members have a dedicated part of their roles (5-10% of full time) devoted to this role.
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs): ERGs are safe spaces for employees, who share a common identity or interest to meet and support one another in building their community and sense of belonging at Epidemic. Our current ERGs are Queer Epidemic, Women’s ERG, BLK|Sound, The Green Team, Amplify, Caregivers and Community Champions.
Strategic focus areas for D&I at Epidemic:
- Ensure an inclusive workplace for all people at Epidemic Sound
- Diversify the workforce
- Diversify leadership
What we envision that you have done before joining us:
- Working in a similar role in a global corporation
- Experience of working in the US with D&I related topics
- Working with several different grounds of discrimination
- Developing and delivering D&I projects within a complex environment
Through your previous experiences, we think that you have gained the knowledge and an understanding of:
- The field of inclusive language & norm critical communication
- An in-depth understanding of how racism and discrimination can be expressed in a business context
Our interview process will be like:
We have a D&I Hiring Committee which involves our Chief People & Culture, VP Culture, Head of Sustainability and our Advisory Board who consists our employees from various departments/locations
- 1st meeting will be with our TA Partner to talk about your experience and career interests and get information about our role (30-45 min)
- 2nd interview will focus on your approach to common D&I discussions in a workplace (30 min)
- 3rd interview will be an in-depth interview with our Chief People & Culture and VP Culture. (60 min)
- 4th interview will be a case study which we will share the details in advance and kindly ask from you to prepare a presentation (60 min)
- Reference check and background check
Reverse Interview (for the final candidate) - This is an interview where we would like our final candidate to ask questions and interview with our VP of Culture. Although all of our candidates are very welcomed to ask any questions about us during the interview process, we are also aware people are more comfortable asking more in-depth questions about the company and the role after they officially get the offer. So we would like to offer the option for our final candidate to have a reverse interview with our VP Culture.
Our guiding star for our recruitment process at Epidemic Sound
One of our Guiding stars for recruitment is that we will base hiring and promotion decisions on merits. Meaning that we hire and promote based on performance and efforts, as measured through examination or demonstrated achievements during the interview process.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 401k + Match
- 30 days of Vacation
- 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Wellness Grant
- and more!
About Epidemic Sound
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories.
Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations.
Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent one, a virtual celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.