Director of Engineering
Product & Tech – HQ (Stockholm)
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated music library, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers no matter what their story is. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, productions companies and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Instagram. Our HQ is located in Stockholm with offices in NYC, LA, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid. We are growing fast, we have lots of fun and we are transforming the music industry.
We are now looking for a Director of Engineering!
At Epidemic Sound we are investing heavily in our products and technology in order to bring our music to even more storytellers, creatives and listeners while also empowering our musicians with insights about how their music is used. As such we are rapidly scaling both the software engineering organization and technology platforms.
We are now looking for an experienced engineering leader to help us continue to grow and shape the tech organization.
- Inspire, lead, shape and grow healthy, fun and high-performing software engineering teams
- Coach and mentor developers, shape and guide professional development programs
- Play a key role in helping us continue attracting and retaining great engineering talent
- Collaborate with the Product counterpart to define and implement product and technology strategies
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in methodology and technology to increase productivity and quality
- Work with teams to construct the technical roadmap and drive the planning and resource allocation for its development
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm reporting to the CTO.
What are we looking for?
- Established track record in people and technical leadership showing a progression of responsibility through your career
- Experience from a high-growth organizations and in managing the technical and organizational challenges involved in a rapidly scaling business
- Degree in Computer Science or technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- Practical experience in how to lead and build product-centric engineering teams and culture
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Send us your cover letter and CV as soon as possible - interviews are held continuously. We look forward hearing from you!