At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Head of Internal Comms. We think this person is a consummate professional, who loves fast moving environments and is excited about helping Epidemic Sound deliver world class standards of communication delivery.
This person will understand that in order for the company to achieve its full potential, stakeholders need to constantly be kept up to date and engaged with company, news, information and relevant activity. Regular and relevant engagement is key - and because of the type of company we are - we love the personal touch so all communications need to be thoughtful and compelling enough to ensure they stay on our fast paced journey with us.
Excellence at speed is another quality of this person. It is one thing to work fast. It is another to uphold high standards and work quickly. We require both. This candidate will respect that to deliver world class communication at a company, one must be committed to always delivering good counsel, being organised, making good judgement calls and sometimes working to tight deadlines.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead the communication around the company's quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs) planning, executing and measurement: Ensure all communication around the company OKRs is clear and effective. For example, you would be responsible for collaborating with Executive Management Team leaders to design and execute the communications quarterly Live streams and follow up information.
- Provide communication counsel to leadership teams: Become the trusted comms advisor to Epidemic’s EMT and ELF leadership team. For example, you would coach and collaborate with leaders to communicate our business Objectives and Key Results in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Redesign the official company communication channels: Work with VP Strategic Comms to develop a new communication infrastructure then manage the channels by developing all key messages for official company news being delivered through company channels. For example, you would own the internal communication channels and schedule and ensure all pieces of internal communication were delivered in the right channels at the right time.
- Own Comms projects within certain departments: Work with each department to ensure relevant project news and information is shared and communicated to the relevant employees at the appropriate time. For example, you would work with the People and Culture department to ensure their communication around their Diversity and Inclusion initiatives are received well by relevant stakeholders and the wider company.
- Support VP Strategic Comms: Collaborate with VP strategic comms to identify all external communications activity that is relevant for employees and discuss ways to communicate and engage with them on such topics. For example, if there are rumours circulating in the press, you would work with the senior executive to empower leaders to talk about the subject internally.
Success in this role will be measured by:
- Monitoring the internal awareness and understanding of official internal communications via Office Vibe
- Increased levels of understanding and engagement with identified comms projects amongst the company’s internal audiences
- Successful interaction and engagement with the wider Communications team and function across the company
- Positive feedback gathered from project stakeholders regarding the benefit of effective communications craft and your collaborative skills
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working within a scaling organisation
- Experience working with change management communication
- Experience at launching new initiatives at a company
- Recommendations from colleagues at all levels showcasing how they have conducted themselves in a professional and confident manner
- Qualifications or case studies to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Fluent in verbal and written English
The successful candidate will be:
- Have a strong ability to provide clear counsel to all colleagues and leaders at all levels
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload
- Be a collaborative team player
- Driven to uphold high standards of communication
- Have a progressive communication style
- Be a proactive problem solver
How we will support you:
The Communications team meets regularly via a wide range of updates and briefings designed to achieve knowledge understanding and alignment for all communications activities across the department. This team regularly initiates global initiatives which allows team members to connect with global colleagues and to build experience and skills outside of their daily work.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent one, a virtual celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.