Music Sales Development Representative
Sales – New York City
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated music library, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers no matter what their story is. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, productions companies and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound's music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and Instagram. Our HQ is located in Stockholm with offices in NYC, LA, Hamburg, Amsterdam, and Madrid. We are growing fast, we have lots of fun, and we are transforming the music industry. This position is located in our NYC office.
A Sales Development Representative (SDR) is primarily a sales support role. You’ll typically be the first point of contact in our sales cycle, helping our sales & licensing teams identify and cultivate leads and license music to a wide range of production professionals.
This is initially a three-month apprenticeship and an intensive crash course in music sales and licensing. You will learn all about music, media, and how Epidemic Sound operates at the intersection. After 3 months, and upon successful and consistent achievement of targets, this apprenticeship will turn into a full-time Sales Development Representative position.
- Have a complete technical understanding of Epidemic Sound’s business model and music licenses
- Identify, generate and qualify leads through various databases
- Maintain and optimize data within dedicated CRM database
- Help to build our sales pipeline and architect our sales processes
- Be able to effectively articulate Epidemic Sound’s unique selling points via phone and email communication
- Be an ambassador to Epidemic Sound in all aspects of the position
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who has excellent communication and organizational skills. A proficiency in Google Docs, Email, CRM, LinkedIn, Microsoft Office, etc is preferable, and experience in working in sales and a demonstrated ability to hustle is meriting.
- Willingness to learn, develop, and work in a fast paced team environment
- An entrepreneurial and analytical mindset
- Interest in the music and video production industries
- Friendly and outgoing
- The most important factor is having the right attitude, being adaptive and not afraid of change since we are a fast-growing company.
This position begins January 1 2019.
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.