Music Editor (Electronic) - Streaming
Streaming – HQ (Stockholm)
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated music library, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers no matter what their story is. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, productions companies and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Instagram. Our HQ is located in Stockholm with offices in NYC, LA, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid. We are growing fast, we have lots of fun and we are transforming the music industry.
We are now looking for a Music Editor in Streaming who possesses a strong musical knowledge in a wide range of Electronic music, preferably within the underground scene. Your main objective is to empower streaming platforms around the world by serving music and provide accurate pitching of the best music for their playlists.
Streaming is one of Epidemic’s fastest growing business area, and if you enjoy a fast-paced environment with lots of potential to shape our business, this is the position for you.
In Streaming, we empower music editors around the world with music tailored for each contextual need and listening experience. Every week we release hundreds of new songs, and we’re looking for someone to manage and pitch all releases in the business area Electronic. Some of the genres and sounds you’ll be working with includes Techno, Trance, House, Deep House, Synthwave and Ambient.
As a Music Editor, you are essentially a mix between a playlist editor and a product manager. In our team, you will be responsible for a select set of genres and will make sure that all music within those genres gets released and receives maximum impact by serving strategic pitches to various streaming services on a weekly basis.
As a Music Editor, you will:
- Identify and curate playlists and pitches for a wide range of moods, moments, and genres.
- Inform our music team and A&R’s on streaming-specific needs in order for our department to succeed in our business area.
- Curate (if necessary) tracks into releases (coordinate track order, product type, title, request artwork, etc) and make sure that the releases reach all streaming services we work with (together with our in-house release coordinator).
- Pitch our music weekly to various streaming services in order to achieve maximum impact of our releases, i.e. generate playlist adds. Includes playlist research and to research data and statistics to build a strong pitch.
- Curate various playlists of Epidemics’.
- Perform various admin related to the tasks above, such as being responsible for the releases in our joint release schedule, support our artists in verifying their profiles on streaming services, etc.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm, Sweden, and you will be reporting to the Streaming Manager.
What are we looking for?
We are currently looking for someone with very strong knowledge in Electronic music, preferably within the underground scene.
You have proven experience working within the music industry as a music editor, DJ, music journalist or similar. Previous experience from music supervision, streaming platforms, labels, music tech, production companies etc. is also a big bonus.
As a person you are creative, friendly, self-motivated and results-oriented. You pay excellent attention to details and have strong organizational skills with the ability to initiate and drive improvements. You are great at prioritizing and work effectively under pressure, as well as maintaining a professional manner. Fluent English language and correct grammar is required.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below. If you have any questions, please contact Streaming Manager, Christian Falk Winland, email@example.com