At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
As an engineering manager, you will form a key part of the Cybersecurity team here at Epidemic Sound. You will lead a team of 5 skilled security engineers who are passionate about their craft and help them reach their full potential. You will get to spend your time empowering the team to solve problems of our users and stakeholders by understanding their needs and coming up with solutions. You will get to develop people through coaching and mentoring and would include conducting regular 1:1s, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health, and support them in their growth.
Although we are a global company, this position will be based in our Stockholm office and will report to the Head of Security & Operational Compliance.
How you will make an impact
You can look forward to spend your time:
- Conducting performance reviews and working with direct reports to create personal development plans.
- Continuously working to improve inclusion and belonging in your team and within our organization.
- Making sure that there is a high level of teamwork, transparency, and efficiency in collaboration with other teams.
- Working in close collaboration with stakeholders, tech leads and the rest of the team, drive the team’s goal-setting process and pave the way for the team hitting their goals.
- Working with and contributing to the rest of the engineering management group on our policies and long-term goals.
- Developing ways of working to encourage high performance.
- Anticipating and addressing issues with communication, performance, interpersonal dynamics, conflict and unclear ownership.
- Communicating with empathy and precision.
- Advocating for Cybersecurity within the organization as a whole.
Who you are
To thrive in the role we think you have experience in the following areas:
- Solid people management skills.
- Agile/Kanban/Scrum experience.
- Experience in the cybersecurity or IT/tech industry.
- Working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- English language proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement for this role).
It would also be music to our ears if you have:
- Experience with risk management or IT Governance
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent one, a virtual celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.