At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We’re now looking for a Looker Solution Architect to strengthen our rapidly growing data organization at Epidemic Sound. In 2021, we went through a large-scale data warehouse migration introducing a new data warehouse structure within Google BigQuery, as well as adding the data transformation layers dbt (data build tool) and Looker (LookML) to our Analytics stack.
In this role, you would continue evangelizing Looker across the company and take large ownership of the overarching work within the data transformation layers; leading LookML development and assisting the Data Engineering team within dbt.
You would be expected to act as a bridge between the Data Engineering team, Data Analysts and Data Scientists embedded in Product teams and Looker users across the company.
At Epidemic Sound, your daily life will be filled with exciting missions mainly focusing on scaling our analytics platform and enabling data culture across the company by;
- Implementing industry best practices across our Looker instance; including maintenance of LookML code, designing user-friendly explores and providing robust documentation
- Applying Software Engineering practices such as version control (Git), testing and CI/CD to our data transformation processes
- Creating support, trainings and material for Looker business users and developers
- Balancing business priorities with technical needs by maintaining a network of technical and non-technical stakeholders across the organization
Who you are;
We think you have a passion for data, analytics, and music and love an entrepreneurial start-up vibe. You are a fast learner and bring value through analysis, collaboration, and a curious approach while staying focused on the priorities.
Some of the abilities and skills which will greatly help you with this role are;
- Prior experience modeling data in LookML and dbt
- Strong proficiency in SQL and business intelligence tools
- Fundamental understanding of Software Engineering practices that can be applied to Analytics workflows, such as version control (Git), testing and CI/CD
- Being a community member (internally and externally) with a keen interest in keeping track of and implementing the latest updates from Looker and dbt Labs
Either way, we’re very curious to hear more about you, and you might have questions about the team or the role. Hit apply or feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you might have and she will get back to you as soon as she can.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/epidemicsound
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent one, a virtual celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.