At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
At Epidemic Sound we are investing heavily in our products and technology in order to bring our music to even more storytellers, creatives, and listeners while also empowering our musicians with insights about how their music is used. We are now looking for an Engineering Manager to help us continue to scale up and shape our Site Reliability Engineering and Client Infrastructure teams as centralized platform teams.
How you will make an impact
As our Engineering Manager you will help build, guide, and further develop our Site Reliability Engineering team and Client Infrastructure team and their collaboration with other domains.
Our SRE team is on a mission to evolve and scale our shared cloud infrastructure by providing the core infrastructure, tooling, and support necessary to enable the product development teams to efficiently manage the full life-cycle of the products and services they build.
Our Client Infrastructure team envisions crafting technology, frameworks, capabilities, and tools our developers need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible, that enables Epidemic Sound to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to millions of customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe.
You will be part of enabling our autonomous teams to grow and develop in a brilliant way by providing guidance and possibilities for further development through coaching and mentoring. This would include conducting regular 1:1s, goal setting, feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health, and support them in their growth.
You can expect to:
- Inspire, lead, shape, and grow healthy, fun, and high-performing engineering teams.
- Coach and mentor engineers, shape and guide professional development programs.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in collaboration and methodology to increase productivity and quality.
- Promote transparency, facilitate information flow and align your team with the organization’s goals.
- Play a key role in helping us continue attracting and retaining great engineering talent.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm reporting to the Director of Infrastructure.
Who you are
To thrive in this role, we believe you are/have:
- An understanding and interest in Site Reliability Engineering and creating cross-organisational shared services and frameworks to accelerate development teams.
- A burning interest for people and technical leadership, showing a progression of responsibility through your career.
- Comfortable facilitating technical discussions within and outside the team and understanding the technical challenges of building cloud platforms.
- Experience from a high-growth organization and the challenges involved in a rapidly scaling business.
- An interest in how to lead and build engineering teams and culture.
- A passion for establishing strategies that enable teams to succeed.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent one, a virtual celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.