At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Platform Lead with experience of how to design and build robust, scalable and maintainable applications and services to help us take our product to the next level.
How you will make an impact
As a Platform Lead you will act as a leader and one of the main contributors of the long term vision of our technology platform. This means developing strategies, policies and efficient processes for the platform in collaboration with the rest of the organisation. You will get to promote solutions of good quality, sustainable methodologies and good habits while also identifying and addressing problems and challenges in the platform and encouraging continuous improvement.
As part of your role, you would also join one of our cross-functional product teams dedicated to solving a problem and delivering outcomes within one of our product areas. You would get to support and mentor more junior team members in finding the right solutions and system designs. You would also contribute to, and lead, cross-team initiatives to evolve shared components and platform architecture.
You can expect to:
- Help create a positive environment where engineers can thrive. This might include holding discussions, collecting and consolidating ideas, and help facilitating strategies to reach our shared technical vision.
- Contribute to all stages of the product life-cycle: Design, implementation, testing, releasing and maintenance.
- Work in a lightweight agile process where we regularly evaluate how we work and try to improve.
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming etc
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
Who you are
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- Have previously contributed to the long term vision of a platform and the strategies behind it.
- Have a great understanding of modern web architectures, system design, data structures and software engineering principles, and understand how to apply them to design scalable and robust solutions.
- Love mentoring and supporting less experienced colleagues and engineering teams, see the value of teamwork.
- Like to think about reducing technical debt and complexity in applications.
- Are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind.
- Enjoy working closely with business and product stakeholders, and have a strong understanding of business and user requirements.
- Speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement).
It would also be music to our ears if you have:
- Experience of one or more of the following: Python, Django, React & Redux, ElasticSearch, Docker, Kubernetes, GCP ecosystem, Kotlin.
- Principles but also pragmatism: You value best-practices but realize that all rules have exceptions.
- Experience from e-commerce, online subscription and/or payment solutions.
- Worked with audio streaming and/or music library management.
Curious to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our brand new "About us" page → https://www.epidemicsound.com/about-us/
Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent one, a virtual celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.