At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We’re now looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with experience in cloud infrastructure operations to help drive best practices and evolve how we build, deploy, manage and monitor our platforms.
You will have the opportunity to join our amazing SRE team dedicated to evolving and scaling our shared cloud infrastructure. The team’s mission is to provide the core infrastructure, tooling, and support necessary to enable the product development teams to efficiently manage the full life-cycle of the products and services they build.
How you will make an impact:
- Evolving how we work with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale
- Being passionate about building and running systems at scale
- Working closely with the product development teams to help ensure that observability, resilience, and performance needs are met when building new features and services
- Collaborating constantly, we’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming, etc
- Learning a ton of new things: be it through hack days, courses, conferences, or tech talks, we emphasize learning, and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues
We believe that to succeed in this role, you have experience in some/all:
- Understanding of modern web architectures, system design, and software engineering principles, and understanding how to apply them to design scalable and robust solutions
- Experience building and running infrastructure in cloud environments using Infrastructure as Code
- Experienced with Kubernetes, preferably on a cluster provisioning level and managing global GKE clusters at scale
- Good programming skills in at least one language (Preferably Python, Go, Kotlin, or Shell).
- Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems and internals.
- Mentoring and supporting colleagues and engineering teams
- Building great products that people love, and always making technology choices with this end goal in mind
And it’ll be awesome if you also know a bit about:
- Google Cloud Platform ecosystems
- Working with Gitops and Progressive Deliveries
- Experience working with and/or implementing SLIs, SLOs, and Error Budgets for Product Teams
Curious to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our brand new "About us" page → https://www.epidemicsound.com/about-us/
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent one, a virtual celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.