Data Scientist with marketing focus
BI – HQ (Stockholm)
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated music library, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers no matter what their story is. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, productions companies and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Instagram. Our HQ is located in Stockholm with offices in NYC, LA, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid. We are growing fast, we have lots of fun and we are transforming the music industry.
We are now looking for a Data Scientist. Actually. You can call yourself Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Guru, Analytics Enthusiast or Easter Bunny if you like, the thing is: we have data and you are good at data.
To take our analytics capabilities to the next level, help build our data and business intelligence department, influence the company through data driven insights and change the music industry worldwide we are looking for a highly talented and versatile Data Scientist to focus on our marketing initiatives.
You should be skilled in data analysis, visualization, communication and parsing commercial opportunities from vast amounts of data using SQL, R, pencils, recycled paper, whiteboards, speakers turned up a little too loud and coffee.
One of your core objectives will be to help our teams better understand their data and apply it in their daily work and decision making by:
- Proactively developing cutting edge analyses and insights to drive decisions and strategies for music intake, user acquisition, retention, monetization and after-work optimization
- Providing reporting and performance monitoring from multiple data sources
- Visualizing and communicating KPIs across the whole group and directly to management
What are we looking for?
We think you have a passion for data, marketing, tech and music, love an entrepreneurial start-up vibe and that you are strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics. You are a fast learner with a collaborative disposition and have the ability to draw business insights to add real value to the business. You should have recent experience in dealing with large, real-world datasets from a digital, data driven environment, a degree in a quantitative field from a leading university and, foremost, a drive to make an impact.
Other skills we think you have:
- Fluency in Python or R for data analysis
- Excellent understanding of SQL
- AWS and/or Google Cloud
- Google Analytics
- Ability to demonstrate hands on experience with data mining, clustering, segmentation and machine learning
- Fluency in English
- Merit to those with significant exposure to online marketing and/or e-commerce
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below. Any questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.