At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are scaling the product & technology organization and want to accommodate a caring, driven and motivated individual who wants to be part of bringing a team to the next level as an Engineering Manager within our Growth domain.
Within our Growth product area we focus on opportunities to bring Epidemic Sound to more users, more partners and more markets. We do this by trying out new ideas and improving our existing solutions. Our teams focus on different aspects of growth, such as:
- Conversion rate optimisation, experimentation, SEO and signup flows.
- Additional acquisition avenues, such as referral programs
- User onboarding and activation flows
- Global expansion and market adaptations
- Bringing music to the world's most creative platforms, like Adobe, YouTube, iStock, Canva, Pinterest and Getty Images
In short - helping users around the world find the perfect soundtrack to their content!
All of our engineers work fullstack, however some are more backend focused whereas some are focusing more on frontend. We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming.
We have a holistic perspective of the product and work autonomously. We're responsible for all the stages from hypothesis, design, implementation, testing, releasing, and maintenance within our teams. We architect and build product features from the database all the way to the UI, so we pride ourselves on a strong business and product sense.
How you will make an impact
Your main responsibility is to help the team to stay motivated, engaged and high-performing. You support the individuals in the team and ensure everyone is connected to the goals and efforts of the company.
As an engineering manager at Epidemic Sound, you are an integral part of the team's leadership that ultimately is responsible for the team reaching its goals.
You can expect to:
- empower the team to solve the problems of our users and stakeholders by understanding their needs and coming up with solutions
- develop people through coaching and mentoring. Conduct regular 1:1s, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health, and support them in their growth
- continuously work to improve inclusion and belonging in your team and within our organization
- make sure that there is a high level of teamwork, transparency, and efficiency in collaboration with other teams
- in close collaboration with a product manager and the rest of the team, drive the team’s goal-setting process and pave the way for the team hitting their goals
- advocate and advance effective software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering, process, and organizational practices
- work with and contribute to the rest of the engineering management group on our policies and long-term goals
What are we looking for?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- put people and team first, understanding how that is the foundation for everything we do
- are technical but you prefer to lean on your leadership and facilitation skills to drive technical decision making
- thrive on a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- are excited about collaborating with teammates across the organization, from people within product and tech, music, business, marketing, sales and so on
- anticipate and address issues with communication, performance, interpersonal dynamics, and unclear ownership
- communicate with empathy and precision
- promote transparency, facilitate information flow and align your team with the organization’s goals
- are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind
- love teamwork
- speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm reporting to one of our Directors of Engineering.
Curious to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our brand new "About us" page → https://www.epidemicsound.com/about-us/
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at our most recent one, a virtual celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.