At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for an IT Systems Engineer. As a part of the IT Engineering team you'll build, implement, configure, and maintain internal systems and services. On a daily basis, you will cooperate with many of our awesome stakeholders within various departments and play a key role in enabling our rock star colleagues to work as efficiently as possible backed by cutting edge tools and systems.
How you will make an impact
- Own, maintain, configure, enhance, deploy and document our core SaaS-stack such as email, communications & collaboration tools, network infrastructure, mobile device management, endpoint protection, identity & access management, content management, and other SaaS tools and applications.
- Explore, discover, analyze, prototype, experiment and measure. Work with stakeholders, the IT team, and management to define systems requirements for new technology implementations, staying abreast of current industry trends.
- Review, retrospect and adapt, (re)learn and (re)iterate based on new knowledge and experience. Contribute to well-functioning collective ownership and decision making. Think and build smart, both for now and with the future in mind.
- Implement automation to make IT processes repeatable, scalable, and secure.
- Identify, investigate, analyze, mitigate and resolve technical issues. Handle unclarity, questions and concerns. Provide explanations and guidance both internally to other IT teams, and to users for escalated issues.
- Monitor systems and networks for issues and vulnerabilities and investigate security incidents when they occur based on established policies and protocols.
- Contribute to the team’s continuous progress, ways of working, execution and delivery in striving to successfully meet the team's and the organization’s overall vision and mission.
- Spread great and effective working relationships with close collaboration and communication in everyday interactions, ceremonies, and processes.
What a day looks like in this role?
On a typical day, you will have about 30-40% reactive/tier 3 support tickets, and 60-70% project-based tickets. We normally have a two week sprint period to set our planned project work. The work you do may be anything from troubleshooting an app integration, setting up and isolating a new VLAN on the network, to setting up a new Okta workflow.You’ll be working in a team/domain that puts needs of the end user at the forefront and is highly collaborative.
We believe that to succeed in this role, you have experience in some/all:
- Have a track record of putting the needs of the end users over technical perfection.
- The proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision, including managing complex projects requiring cross-team collaboration. You get things done, both by yourself and with others, and you ask for help when you need it.
- Experience working with SaaS applications like Google Workspace, GCP, Slack, Atlassian, Okta. You do not need to maintain legacy on-premise systems here!
- Experience designing and managing Identity Management and SSO technologies (Okta preferred)
- Proficiency in advanced firewall- and network infrastructure technologies such as Cisco Meraki or others.
- Experience with Mac, Linux, and Windows
- Experience with device management systems such as WorkspaceONE, Jamf etc.
- Proficiency in scripting & automation languages such as Python, Bash, etc. You should be able to code.
- Communication, collaboration and facilitation skills and capabilities. Including ability to effectively facilitate information flow and alignment between you and co-workers. You have a track record of working and communicating well with many different kinds of people.
- Curiosity and passionate drive for: continuous improvement, growth mindset, building and delivering great things to serve our users.
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.
Curious to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our brand new "About us" page → https://www.epidemicsound.com/about-us/