At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated music catalogue, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers no matter what their story is. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, productions companies and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Instagram. Our HQ is located in Stockholm with offices in NYC, LA, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid. We are growing fast, we have lots of fun and we are transforming the music industry.
The growth of our business requires us to be excellent at building and maintaining relationships with our customers to inspire action and loyalty. To achieve this, we need to make our user experience next level, through intuitive machine learning and customer analytics.
We are now looking for an experienced machine learning engineer (MLE).
The position as a MLE will report directly in to the CTO, in a fresh new team which functions as a de-centralised squad, delivering advanced analysis and machine learning to various departments throughout the company. You’ll work to deploy microservices solving many different business needs. The use cases range from customer lifetime value and churn prediction – to building fantastic music recommenders that personalize Epidemic Sound’s offering.
You will be working closely with the backend teams in developing robust and scalable models. You will improve the personalization of the product by:
- Developing classifiers to identify type & ‘feel’ of musical audio, and other related music information retrieval (MIR) tasks
- Combining content/context based recommender systems so that the music our users see first is relevant to them
- Contributing to the automation of previously manual tasks, by leveraging the classification systems you’ve contributed to building
- Analysing behaviours of visitors, identifying patterns and outliers which can indicate their probability to churn
- Consulting on appropriate implementation of algorithms in practice – and actively identifying new use cases that can help improve Epidemic Sound!
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for a team member with a “no task is too small” mindset – we are at the beginning of our ML journey so we need strong engineers with an interest in both software engineering and machine learning theory.
It would be music to our ears if you have:
- MSc in a Computer Science based subject
- Experience with ML in production
- Solid understanding of ML theory - including neural networks and deep learning, but also decision trees and gradient boosting
- Experience with: tensorflow, keras, pytorch, scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, pandas or similar
- Fluency in Python programming and a passion for production ready code
- Experience with Google Cloud and Docker
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/epidemicsound
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.