At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated music library, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers no matter what their story is. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, productions companies and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Instagram. Our HQ is located in Stockholm with offices in NYC, LA, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid. We are growing fast, we have lots of fun and we are transforming the music industry.
We are now looking for another legal counsel to join our Legal team!
As an in-house legal counsel at Epidemic Sound you will work with legal matters related to music and media - with main focus on copyright and contractual matters. You will work with other departments, the Marketing department in particular, and be their go-to person when it comes to agreements and other legal questions.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with customers of Epidemic Sound
- Working with various matters relating to copyright
- Assisting with GDPR-related matters
- Conducting legal research relating to various legal matters
You will be part of the Legal team based at our HQ in Stockholm and report to Head of Legal.
What are we looking for?
You’re someone with a passion for copyright but also a great interest in contractual and marketing matters. You love music and would love to work as an in-house legal counsel at a music company with an entrepreneurial, start-up vibe.
In order for you to thrive and succeed in this role, we believe that you are driven, ambitious, energetic and well-organized. You have the ability to work independently but at the same time be a true team player. We also believe you have great communication and negotiation skills and let’s not forget - awesome personal skills!
It would also be music to our ears if you are/have:
- Highly skilled and professional with a university law degree
- Approximately 4 years’ experience of working for a law firm and/or as in-house counsel
- Experience from working with intellectual property rights and especially with copyright
- Experience of contract drafting and negotiations
- Experience from GDPR related matters is a plus
- Fluent in Swedish and English, both written and spoken, with excellent drafting skills
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.