At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated music library, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers no matter what their story is. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, productions companies and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Instagram. Our HQ is located in Stockholm with offices in NYC, LA, Sydney, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid. We are growing fast, we have lots of fun and we are transforming the music industry.
We are now looking for a Legal Counsel to work closely with our Music department!
As an in-house legal counsel at Epidemic Sound you will work with various legal matters but have a main focus on copyright and music related matters. You will work with our Music department in particular, and be their go-to person when it comes to agreements and other legal questions.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Working with various matters relating to copyright
- Handling agreements with composers, artists and producers
- Conducting legal research relating to a variety of legal matters and jurisdictions
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with customers of Epidemic Sound
You will be part of the Legal team based at our HQ in Stockholm and report to Head of Legal.
What are we looking for?
You’re someone with a passion for copyright - music related matters in particular, but also a great interest in contractual matters. You love music and would love to work as an in-house legal counsel at a music company with an entrepreneurial, start-up vibe.
In order for you to thrive and succeed in this role, we believe that you are driven, ambitious, energetic and well-organized. You have the ability to work independently but at the same time be a true team player. We also believe you have great communication skills and let’s not forget - awesome personal skills!
It would also be music to our ears if you are/have:
- Highly skilled and professional with a university law degree
- Experience from working with legal matters in the music industry (either from a law firm, in-house legal department or similar)
- Comprehensive understanding of music rights
- Experience from contract drafting and negotiations
- Fluent in Swedish and English, both written and spoken, with excellent drafting skills
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.