We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 35,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York City, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg, and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
This is a team focused on building the best-in-class platform to enable marketing at Epidemic Sound. We’re looking for an experienced engineer who can lead efforts to build marketing automation tools and a scalable marketing platform that enables delivering personalized content to Epidemic Sound users off-site such as SEM, display and video ads automation, email and push notifications. The team also covers areas such as privacy law compliance, email marketing infrastructure, tracking and analytics, and more.
How you will make an impact
- Balance technical leadership skills with software engineering expertise. Ensure that the team uses appropriate engineering practices, invests in continual improvements to tooling or technical debt, and that systems evolve to meet changing external and internal needs.
- Act as a role model for others and creates a positive environment where engineers can thrive. You proactively support the team and its members by sharing context, answering questions, holding discussions and enabling inclusivity for ideas to come to life.
- Communicate priorities and build bridges and agreements with other teams in order to manage technical cross team initiatives and dependencies.
- Work closely with the Product Manager, to enable and lead the team to continuously work towards a common technical vision that corresponds with the product strategy and is visualized in the team’s OKRs and roadmap.
What you'll do
- Contribute to short-term and long-term plans for the team (sprints, OKRs, roadmap) with insights and expertise on feasibility
- Be accountable for the team delivering technical solutions that align with platform vision, follow established conventions and satisfy any dependencies from other teams
- Represent the team in technology platform topics and relevant forums, and communicate important information and context to team members to enable a balance of technical autonomy and alignment for the team
- Collaborate closely with Tech Leads and Platform Leads within the organization to align technical vision, decisions and engineering practices
- Devote a significant part of your time on hands-on software development, thereby staying close to the team's technical challenges
What you'll bring
- Proficiency in some of the following technologies (or equivalent): Google Cloud Platform, BigQuery, Google Analytics, Airflow, Apache Beam/Dataflow, Github Actions, Python
- Experience working with Cloud Infrastructure and Automation
- Experience working with building and maintaining data pipelines using ETL/ELT processes
- Interest/Curiosity towards the marketing domain and related platforms and tools
- In depth experience with monitoring and alerting best practices
- Experience with developing software services using a distributed architecture
- Experience in how to plan, execute and document work that involves multiple contributors and stakeholders
- Unblock the team by fostering collaboration via mentoring, knowledge sharing and other relevant means with the ability to balance skills of Technical Leadership and Software Engineering
Curious to learn more about who we are and what we do? Check out our brand new "About us" page → https://www.epidemicsound.com/about-us/
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply, in English, by clicking the link below.