At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalogue, with over 30,000 tracks is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs to YouTubers rely on our music to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Madrid, and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun and are taking the music industry with us.
As part of our mission to soundtrack the world, we are expanding rapidly and now have our sights set on the cultural hotspot of Asia.
We are now looking for a Country Manager to be based at our office in Seoul, South Korea.
As Country Manager, you lead the sales and business development operations in South Korea with the goal of building Epidemic Sound’s next big hub.
You will be responsible for introducing Epidemic Sound’s portfolio in the region and licensing towards clients in certain key segments, making sure close relationships are built in order to reach our ambitious mission to soundtrack the world.
You will work closely with our Global Sales team at HQ in Stockholm, aligning strategy and sharing best practices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set the South Korean launch plan, roadmap and corresponding revenue targets, both short and long-term
- Ensure operational consistency and best practices in driving revenue, customer satisfaction and operating growth
- Lead the licensing team, ensuring growth and achieving sales targets, through B2B direct sales and local partnership
- Cooperate with HQ based stakeholders on a daily basis: Marketing, Product & Tech, Global Sales, Communication and Operations
- Serve as local voice-of-sale and voice-of-customer, setting company strategy and direction in collaboration with functional leaders
- Analyse and report on key drivers impacting top and bottom-line performance in the South Korean market; present regular updates to senior leadership
- Maintaining quality service by establishing and implementing organisation standards
What are we looking for?
To thrive in this role, we believe that you are entrepreneurial, goal-oriented, analytical and have a proven track record to build strong customer relationships and sales strategies. You have proven leadership qualities, as well as a strong passion for music, media and entertainment platforms.
It would be music to our ears if you have:
- Solid experience in high-level B2B sales in a growing organisation, working with global brands
- Deep understanding of the South Korean media and entertainment industry
- Track record of working in a fast-paced environment, building a strong sales team and culture
- Professional proficiency in both English and Korean are a must
- Experience working in the music industry is a plus
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our epic journey? Apply today by clicking the link below.