At Epidemic Sound we are on a mission to reinvent the music industry. Our carefully curated music catalogue—spanning over 30,000 tracks—is tailored to storytellers no matter their narrative. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, online outlets, and YouTubers rely on our tunes to tell their stories. Epidemic Sound's music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and Instagram, and streamed by millions of fans around the world on services such as Spotify, Apple Music, and Deezer. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Madrid, and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Music Editor possessing a strong musical knowledge in a wide range of commercial pop music—spanning both traditional and contemporary sub-genres—to join our Streaming team.
Streaming is one of Epidemic’s fastest growing business areas, so if you enjoy a versatile and fast-paced environment with lots of potential to shape our business, this is the position for you.
At Streaming, we fuel partner services and their in-house curators with music tailored for each contextual need and listening experience. Every week, we release hundreds of new songs stretching virtually all genres. We’re now looking for someone to manage all releases within the business area Pop & Miscellaneous. While the bulk of the role’s remit is to deal directly with mainstream Pop music in all its nuances, an above-average expertise in misc genres such as World, Latin, and Dance music is also required.
As a Music Editor, you represent a hybrid between a music curator and a project manager. Your main objective is to empower digital streaming platforms around the world by servicing music and providing accurate promo and pitching the best music for their playlists. You will be responsible for a selected set of genres and will make sure that all music within said genres gets processed, packaged, and released while receiving maximum exposure by serving strategic pitches to various streaming services on a weekly basis.
As a Music Editor, you will:
- Curate tracks into bundled single/EP/LP releases (coordinate track order, product type, title, cover art, etc) and make sure that releases reach all streaming services together with our in-house release coordinator;
- Identify and curate playlists and pitches for a wide range of moods, themes, moments, and genres;
- Inform our music A&R team of streaming-specific needs in order for our department to succeed within our business area;
- Power our weekly music pitching set ups to various services in order to achieve maximum impact for our releases, i.e. generate playlist additions. This includes both playlist and analytics research to sculpt strong promo;
- Curate various native editorial Epidemic Sound playlists;
- Perform a host of housekeeping-related tasks to ensure all of the above, such as QA/QC for new incoming songs, aligning releases with our joint release schedules, supporting our artists in verifying their profiles on streaming services, etc.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm, Sweden, and you will be reporting to our Senior Music Editor.
What are we looking for?
We are currently looking for someone with a skillfully creative mind and very strong knowledge in commercial pop music, who’s also well-versed in all its sub-genres and aesthetics such as art pop, synth-pop, and underground pop.
- You have a proven track record of at least 2-3 years working within the music and creative industries as a music editor, writer, journalist, curator or in a related domain.
- Previous experience in music supervision, streaming platforms, record labels, publishers, music tech, production companies etc. is a big plus.
- Fluent spoken English language and impeccable writing skills are a must.
As a person you are creative, disciplined, self-motivated and results-oriented. You pay excellent attention to detail and have strong organizational skills, coupled with the ability to initiate and drive improvements. You are great at prioritizing work effectively under pressure, as well as maintaining professional decorum.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.