At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Seoul, Hamburg and Amsterdam. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We’re now looking for a senior site reliability engineer with experience of cloud infrastructure operations to help drive best practices and evolve how we build, deploy, manage and monitor our platforms.
You would join as a founding member of a new SRE team dedicated to evolving and scaling our shared cloud infrastructure. The team’s mission is to provide the core infrastructure, tooling and support necessary to enable the product development teams to efficiently manage the full life-cycle of the products and services they build.
You can expect to:
- Evolve how we work with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale
- Work closely with product development teams to help ensure observability, resilience and performance needs are met when building new features and services
- Help build up the SRE team by taking part in interviews, establishing team routines and processes etc
- Find ways to share learnings across the organization (internal talks, write internal blog posts, etc)
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming etc
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues
- Have lots of fun and take pride in what you and all of Epidemic is doing
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm.
What are we looking for?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- Are passionate about building and running systems at scale
- Have a good understanding of modern web architectures, system design and software engineering principles, and understand how to apply them to design scalable and robust solutions
- Have experience of configuring and operating software in cloud environments, including networking, container orchestration using Kubernetes, service monitoring and load-balancing
- Love teamwork
- Are principled but also pragmatic: You value best-practices but realize that all rules have exceptions.
- Have a passion for sharing your knowledge of engineering practices and teaching others how to apply them
It would also be music to our ears if you have experience with:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform)
- Configuring and working with CI/CD tools
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.