At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Madrid, and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We’re now looking for a senior SRE with leadership qualities and extensive experience of cloud infrastructure operations to drive best practices and evolve how we build, deploy, manage and monitor our platforms.
You would join as a founding member and team lead of a new SRE team dedicated to evolving and scaling our shared cloud infrastructure. The team’s mission is to provide the core infrastructure, tooling and support necessary to enable the product development teams to efficiently manage the full life-cycle of the products and services they build.
You can expect to:
- Evolve how we work with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale, including service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling and load balancing
- Develop tooling and routines for identifying performance bottlenecks, anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents
- Work closely with product development teams to help ensure observability, resilience and performance needs are met when building new features and services
- Collaborate with the VP of Engineering in further building out the SRE team through defining roles and hiring the right new talent
- Lead and mentor less experienced team members
- Find ways to share learnings across the organization (internal talks, write internal blog posts, etc)
- Collaborate constantly: We’re big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming etc
- Learn a ton of new things: Be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues
- Have lots of fun and take pride in what you and all of Epidemic is doing
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm reporting to the VP of Engineering.
What are we looking for?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- Are passionate about building and running systems at scale in production
- Have a deep understanding of modern web architectures, system design and software engineering principles, and understand how to apply them to design scalable and robust solutions
- Have extensive experience of configuring and operating software in cloud environments, including networking, container orchestration using Kubernetes, service monitoring and load-balancing
- Have knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Have been mentoring and supporting less experienced colleagues and engineering teams
- Love teamwork
- Are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind
- Are principled but also pragmatic: You value best-practices but realize that all rules have exceptions.
- Have a passion for sharing your knowledge of engineering practices and teaching others how to apply them
- Speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
It would also be music to our ears if:
- You have worked with the Google Cloud Platform ecosystems at some point in the last couple of years
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.