West Coast Music Talent Acquisition Apprenticeship (LA)
Creatives – Los Angeles
Seeking an ambitious person, ready to build up a network of talented composers on the US West Coast.
This position starts in Q1 2018 in Los Angeles. (US work permit required!)
Epidemic Sound was founded in 2009 in Stockholm and with our roots in the TV and music industries, we have a goal to re-shape the music industry on a global scale. Our customers include: broadcasters, production companies, publishers, agencies, brands and other creators that license our music for their productions and in-store environments. Today we have offices in Stockholm, Amsterdam, Madrid and Hamburg, New York. and this job is based in our US office in LA.
This apprenticeship is an intensive crash course in music licensing and talent recruitment. You will learn all about the music, media, and video production industries and how Epidemic Sound operates at the intersection. You will be working closely with Epidemic Sound’s West Coast Manager, as well as the Global Head of Music, to build up a network of non PRO-affiliated composers, producing music for Epidemic Sound in the US. After 3 months, and upon successful and consistent achievement of targets, this apprenticeship may turn into a permanent Creative Talent Acquisition position under the Creative Department.
- Have a complete technical understanding of Epidemic Sound’s business model and music licenses
- Be able to understand and effectively articulate Epidemic Sound’s unique rights structure and the benefits thereof from a composer’s perspective
- Continually prospect for new talents/composers
- Responsible for developing a strong culture within the US-based composer network
- Work closely with Directors of Creative Licensing to get a deep understanding of current needs from customers in North America
- Be an ambassador to Epidemic Sound in all aspects of the position
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Fluency in English
- Experience working with, or having a wide network of, young, aspiring (preferably non-PRO affiliated) composers
- An exceptional love for music in general, and hip hop in particular
- Knowledge in music licensing in general, and the rules and regulations of North American PROs in particular
- Excellent organization, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in use of technology: Google Docs, Email, LinkedIn, etc.
- Close connection with aspiring composers within the hip hop genre
- Willingness to learn, develop, and work in a fast paced team environment
- Professional persistence & extreme grit
- An entrepreneurial mindset and outgoing personality
- Interest in the music and video production industries
- Friendly and hungry to learn
- The most important factor is having the right attitude, being adaptive and not afraid of change since we are a fast-growing company
Please apply by clicking the link below.