At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Sydney and Seoul. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a passionate and experienced Security Engineer with focus on web application security, to lead our application security capabilities.
We recognize that the information domain is where the war for privacy exists and information security is an essential part of Epidemic Sound’s future growth. You will play an important part in bringing Epidemic Sound’s cyber security management to the next level. This means being part of building a strong security culture within the organization and drive the maturity of the security function whilst collaborating with relevant internal stakeholders and development teams.
Don’t worry, you will still be able to work hands-on, doing what you love!
As part of our agile team, you will be focusing on product and application security, together with engineers and product teams across Epidemic’s organization. You will work on projects, often spanning across the wider organization, to improve the security of Epidemic’s end user facing applications and features.
- Identify and quantify security flaws early in the product development process
- Supply product and engineering teams with capabilities in finding, preventing and fixing web application security bugs and flaws during product developments
- Leading our security operations and provide engineering teams with hands-on resource addressing product security issues
- Support engineering teams in writing secure code
- Provide training in secure development practices
As Senior Security Engineer, you will report directly to Head of Cyber Security.
What are we looking for?
Furthermore, you possess the ability to work independently as well as part of cross-functional teams, in a fast-paced organization with a start-up culture. We believe you are an easy-going, structured and analytical person with a few years’ experience in securing web applications.
It would be music to our ears if you have/are:
- Experience working with cloud-based security solutions is highly desired
- Deep knowledge of common web application security vulnerabilities (e.g. XSS, CSRF, input validation, etc.) and how to remediate these vulnerabilities
- Ability to test and identify security vulnerabilities and provide security guidance to development teams
- Experience with manual penetration testing. Incorporating automated methods/tools is a big plus
- Experience working for a web based product company is highly desired
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Great presentation skills with the ability to communicate with both a technical and non-technical audience
- Experience in other security domains (such as physical, network, operations, architecture, access control etc), is considered an advantage
- Fluency in English.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to join our team? We want to know all about you, what you have been up to before wanting to work with Epidemic Sound, and of course, make sure we understand why you are the perfect fit for us. Let us get to know you!
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.