At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Madrid, and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a talented and ambitious legal counsel to join our Legal Team!
This is a temporary position for six months starting at the beginning of 2020 - but hey, we’re growing at a rapid pace so for the right person there might be opportunities after this period too.
As an in-house legal counsel at Epidemic Sound you will work in a legal team that is tightly integrated with the business and will have the opportunity to work broadly across legal fields in supporting our mission to soundtrack the world. The person we are looking for will in particular have a special focus on drafting and negotiating agreements, but may also focus on his or her own particular experiences and fields of expertise.
- Draft and negotiate customers working closely together with the Sales department
- Assisting other departments with various legal matters relating to e.g. intellectual property law, IT law, and GDPR.
You will be part of the legal team with eight colleagues based at our HQ in Stockholm and report to Head of Legal.
Who are you?
To thrive in this role, we believe you have a passion for copyright but also a great interest in contractual matters. You love music and would love to work as an in-house legal counsel at a music company with an entrepreneurial, start-up vibe.
In order for you to succeed in this role, we believe that you are/have;
- Highly skilled and professional with a university law degree
- Experience of working for a law firm and/or as in-house counsel
- Experience of contract drafting and negotiations
- Experience from working with copyright is preferred
- Fluent in Swedish and English, both written and spoken, with excellent drafting skills
- Driven, ambitious, energetic and well-organized
- Can work independently but at the same time is a true team player
- Great communication and negotiation skills
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.