At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Madrid, and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Rights Manager to join our US Music team in New York City.
As a Rights Manager, you are the administrative link between Epidemic and our Musicians. You will help music flow through our intake pipeline and serve as a primary point-of-contact for the musicians on Epidemic’s roster
Your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing, sending, and renewing agreements with prospective and existing Music Creators (Producers, Composers, Vocalists, & Artists).
- Onboarding new Music Creators to Epidemic and our systems.
- Logging and sending Music Commissions to our roster with the input of the US Music team.
- Following up on delivery of Music Commissions.
- Administration in our system to log musician and track information
- Conducting PRO/NRO due diligence to confirm musician non-membership in said organizations.
- Serve as the primary financial point-of-contact for the roster; receiving and approving invoices for track acquisition and other services.
- Have, and be able to communicate to a third party, a complete technical and legal understanding of the Epidemic Sound business model and music licenses
- Effectively articulate Epidemic Sound’s unique rights structure and the benefits thereof from a composer’s perspective to composers, prospective clients, etcetera
What are we looking for?
To succeed in this role you have very strong administrative and organizational skills. We also see that you have a basic level knowledge of music business terminology and agreements, and an overall passion for music.
It would be music to our ears if you have/are:
- Extensive experience using Google Suite and Microsoft Offices tools (Excel/Sheets, Drive, Word/Docs).
- Experience using administrative/productivity programs/CRM’s potentially including AirTable, Salesforce, and Trello.
- Willingness to travel to Stockholm for training and for various engagements throughout the year.
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.