At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We are now looking for a Business Data Analyst to help build our analytics department, influence the company through data driven insights and change the music industry worldwide.
As a Business Data Analyst, you cooperate with data engineers, data scientists, data analysts and other stakeholders across the organization to ensure that the right information is available and accessible.
You track key metrics within various departments to make sure we measure what is relevant for our business, to fuel the analysis and to provide recommendations going forward for the analytics team but also the rest of the organization.
One of your core objectives is to help our teams better understand their data and apply it in their daily work and decision making by:
- Supporting stakeholders with information and proactive insights to enable better strategic decision making
- Proactively developing cutting edge analyses and insights to drive decisions and strategies for music intake, user acquisition, retention, monetization and after-work optimization
- Providing reporting and performance monitoring from multiple data sources
- Visualizing and communicating KPIs across the whole group and directly to management
- Proactively engage stakeholders to collect and provide feedback
Who are you?
We think you have a passion for data, tech and music, love an entrepreneurial start-up vibe and that you are strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics. You are a fast learner with a collaborative disposition and have the ability to draw business insights to add real value to the business. You communicate with ease with various stakeholders and have strong analytical thinking skills. Bringing value to the company is your inspiration and drive. If you have recent experience in dealing with large, real-world datasets from a digital and data driven environment, that’s awesome!
Other skills we believe you have:
- Degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Experience in similar data engineering, data analysis, business intelligence or data visualization role
- Experience using data visualization to create compelling data stories
- Excellent skills in SQL
- Experience from working in a cross-functional environment is preferred
- Fluency in English
- Merit to those with significant exposure to online marketing and/or e-commerce
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.