At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam, Madrid, and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
We’re now looking for a software engineer with cloud infrastructure experience to help us evolve the data platform that allows our product development teams to manage the full life-cycle of the data processes they build.
You would join our Data Infrastructure team. The team’s mission is to provide the platform, tools and solutions that enable the product development teams to collect, process and analyze data autonomously and efficiently.
You can expect to:
- Evolve our current data platform and solutions to enable data collection, processing, access, usability and monitoring
- Implement tooling, guidelines, monitoring and policies that allow product development teams to interact easily with the data platform
- Work closely with product development teams to help ensure reliability, performance and data quality requirements are met when building new data-related features and services
This role will include finding ways to share learnings across the organization. It could be via internal talks, writing internal blog posts or any other way you may think of. You can also expect to learn a ton of new things, be it through hack-days, courses, conferences or tech-talks, we emphasize learning and we also expect you to share your knowledge with your colleagues.
We collaborate constantly and are big believers in teamwork and the value of practices like careful code reviews, pair (or mob) programming. On top of this, you can expect to have lots of fun and take pride in what you and all of Epidemic is doing.
This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm.
What are we looking for?
In order for you to thrive in this role, we believe that you:
- Have a great understanding of modern web architectures, distributed systems, data processing and storage solutions
- Have strong knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Are able to find opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Enjoy working with multiple stakeholders and feel comfortable prioritizing internal and external requirements
- Speak English with professional working proficiency (Swedish is not a requirement)
As a person
We believe that you are passionate about building great products that people love, and you always make technology choices with this end-goal in mind. Being principled but also pragmatic is a big plus in this role and we think you value best-practices but realize that all rules have exceptions. On top of this, we believe you have a passion for sharing your knowledge of engineering practices and teaching others how to apply then. Most importantly, you love teamwork.
It would also be music to our ears if:
- You have worked with the Google Cloud Platform ecosystems at some point in the last couple of years, including Kubernetes
- You have experience in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Kotlin, Java
- You have experience working with data processing and querying engines such as BigQuery, Dataflow or Kafka
- You have experience with multiple storage solutions such as columnar oriented data
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.