Head of Music
Creatives – Headquarter, Stockholm
At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated music library, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers no matter what their story is. Countless customers around the world, from broadcasters, productions companies and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of thousands of videos on online video platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitch and Instagram. Our HQ is located in Stockholm with offices in NYC, LA, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Madrid. We are growing fast, we have lots of fun and we are transforming the music industry.
We are looking for a passionate, dedicated and experienced Head of Music to lead the team at Epidemic Sound. This person will be responsible in taking the heart of our business to the next level. As Head of Music, you will:
- Be responsible for the overall strategies of our musical work. Leading the musical process all the way from targeting genres, approaching songwriters/producers, to ensuring that the music meets creative demands and upholds our high quality standards.
- Head up a team of 12 people (including high level A&Rs) with the goal of creating a healthy team culture of happy and productive people who understand the strategy and deliver on time and budget.
- Nurture the network of 200+ external music creators and ensure continuous acquisition of new talent.
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams to secure that diversity, growth and development of our catalogue and our pool of music creators is in line with Epidemic Sound’s mission and targets.
- Identify ways on how we can improve our musical quality, direction and growth.
- Implement and develop data-driven insights.
- Be part of the ES management team and serve as spokesperson for the company in various music industry related matters.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum 3+ years experience of leadership roles in similar industries.
- Strong interpersonal and decision making skills with proven track record of managing complex creative productions in a digital landscape from start to finish.
- Dynamic approach with outstanding ability to work cross-functionally and communicate with multiple stakeholders.
- Passionate problem solver with an agile mindset who thrives on challenge and innovation. You’re not afraid to dig in to problems and opportunities - big or small, you can handle it all.
- You have a broad and genuine interest in music and care deeply for today’s music creators. You understand the challenges they face and are actively seeking ways to create opportunities and value for them in the changing music landscape.
This is a full-time position based at our Stockholm Headquarters, reporting to the COO at Epidemic Sound.
Are you set to join our exciting journey of changing the music industry at its core? Submit your application below. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Head of HR.
At Epidemic Sound we care deeply about diversity and equality. Therefore, we encourage women to apply for the position.