At Epidemic Sound we are reinventing the music industry. Our carefully curated catalog, with over 30,000 tracks, is tailored for storytellers, streaming services, and in-store soundtracks. Countless clients around the world, from broadcasters, production companies, DSPs, and YouTubers rely on our tracks to help them tell their stories. Epidemic Sound’s music is heard in hundreds of millions of online videos daily, across millions of playlist streams, and in thousands of in-store locations. Headquartered in Stockholm, we’re spread across offices in New York, Los Angeles, Toronto, Hamburg, Amsterdam and Sydney. We’re growing fast, have lots of fun, and are taking the music industry with us.
The growth of our business requires us to be excellent at building and maintaining relationships with our customers to inspire action and loyalty. To achieve this, we need to make our user experience next level through intuitive machine learning and customer analytics.
We are now looking for a Head of Machine Learning to lead and develop our team Machine Learning team. This is a full-time position based at our HQ in Stockholm reporting to our CTO.
As Head of Machine Learning, you lead our talented Machine Learning Engineers and shape how machine learning is applied across Epidemic Sound. You work closely with engineers, data scientists, designers, and product managers to identify various Machine Learning opportunities.
This is a fresh new team that delivers machine learning to various departments throughout the company. The team works to deploy microservices solving many different business needs and work together with the product teams, developing robust and scalable models. The use cases range from customer lifetime value and churn prediction – to building fantastic music recommenders that personalize Epidemic Sound’s offering.
Key responsibilities include:
- Inspire, lead and develop a healthy, fun and high-performing Machine Learning team
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in technology strategy and production roadmap to increase productivity and quality
- Continuously develop great teamwork, transparency, and efficiency in collaboration with other teams in the organisation
- Be an active voice in our engineering and machine learning community across Epidemic Sound
- Play a key role in attracting and retaining great machine learning talent
Who are you?
You are not expected to be hands-on in this role but technical knowledge in this area is highly valued. Furthermore, we believe you have:
- Experience from a high-growth organisation and in managing the technical and organisational challenges involved in a rapidly scaling business
- An established track record in people and technical leadership showing a progression of responsibility through your career
- A strong interest in applying ML technologies to real world challenges
- Good understanding of current ML techniques
- Strong project and relationship management skills and the ability to collaborate across all levels of the organization
- A passion for developing people and building a diverse and inclusive team
- Effective communication skills in English in verbal and written form
It would also be music to our ears if you have a technical background including:
- Solid understanding of machine learning theory - including neural networks and deep learning, but also decision trees and gradient boosting
- Experience with machine learning in production
- Knowledge in tensorflow, keras, pytorch, scikit-learn, scipy, numpy, pandas or similar
- Knowledge in Google Cloud and Docker
Curious about our music? Find our music on Spotify here → https://open.spotify.com/user/...
We have lots of fun soundtracking the world and our annual Spring Bash is an event that captures this perfectly. Take a look at last years celebration!
If you want a sneak peek of what It's like working here - check this out!
Do you want to be a part of our fantastic team? Please apply by clicking the link below.
We believe that bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives makes for a healthy workplace, a more successful business and a better world. We value diversity and encourage everyone to come and soundtrack the world with us.